The Chancellor announced the “most radical change to the taxation of pensions since 1921,” in his 2014 budget, declaring that he was prepared to trust people with their pensions. The reforms are a good thing for savers and there is little doubt that these changes will have a significant impact on the way people manage their pension income and plan for retirement.
Taking steps to review your money – what you can afford to put away and reviewing that the money is in the right place – can help you to understand your retirement planning options as you approach retirement.
Our Independent Financial Advisers can help you with retirement planning by:
- Working with you to understand your pre and post retirement goals
- Understanding the age you wish to retire & the flexibility of income you need in retirement
- Understanding the effects of inflation
- Offering retirement solutions from the ‘whole of market’ in all areas of planning for retirement in line with your objectives
- Offering solutions from the ‘whole of market’ for drawing retirement benefits and securing an income in retirement
- Using our wide-ranging and specialist knowledge of retirement planning and annuity products and a variety of research tools to make sound personal planning recommendations
Whether you are thinking about retirement planning – drawing up an initial plan, retiring early, reviewing existing plans, or even considering drawing your benefits from existing schemes (company or private), with so many factors to consider, most people worry about retiring on less income than they would like.
It’s important to have a retirement plan
The right plan will make sure it is affordable for you and is eligible for the tax reliefs available.
As an established independent financial services company, we recognise that the pensions world never stands still. We are able to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of retirement planning and how it interacts with Government legislation, taxation, means-testing and state provision including the State Second Pension (S2P).