Government legislation surrounding workplace pensions means there are now pension planning requirements for employers before, during, and after the employer’s ‘staging date’ for auto-enrolling their staff in to a workplace pension scheme. There are also penalties for non-compliance.
This can bring an additional burden on resource and time for the member of staff acting as your pension scheme administrator.
We can help by providing Automatic Enrolment advice where we can work together with you in:
- Reviewing your current situation, including workforce assessment (how many qualifying employees do you have).
- Reviewing timescales to your staging date (what needs to be done and by when to ensure the business does not incur any financial penalty from the pensions regulator).
- Working on your budgets & costs to the business (In house vs outsourced package, Ad-hoc Vs Ongoing support).
- Reviewing your current systems (payroll, etc) and staff in place to manage professionals).
- Discussing how to communicate changes effectively to staff. From Initial correspondence through to production of policy documentation we will ensure all communication is compliant and easy to understand.
- Discussing how to review the situation as it changes. As your workforce changes so will the number of qualifying members, we will assess this regularly to ensure the business is meeting its Automatic Enrolment obligations moving forward.